Monday, April 12, 2010

I like em Peas

Yesterday I decided to take a day off from studying and attend a couple shows at the Vancouver Fashion Week at Empire Landmark Hotel. My only experience with fashion shows was through my friend Sandra's show so this was new territory for me. Rosalyn and I managed to catch 2 very different shows and our conclusion? We'll never be the editor of Vogue. Some of the pieces coming down the runaway were not exactly what we'd call stylish or groundbreaking or even nice looking! One especially horrendous piece had us almost in giggles while the couple behind us were going gaga over it. Go figure and yes, I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder but still.... However, Ros and I will give big, BIG bonus points for creativity.

After a quick dins at Hons (not the brightest idea - I was fighting an MSG induced headache for the rest of the night), we rushed over to GM place to catch the Black Eyed Peas in concert! Lemme tell you, I've been to my fair share of concerts and I must say that BEP ranks right up there in terms of level of enjoyment and length of standing vs. sitting. LMFAO got the crowd riled up enough before passing the buck to Ludacris and his tootsie roll. By the time BEP came on, the crowd was ready to get the party started! They delivered all my personal favs plus more! Highlights included My Humps, Imma be, I've got a feeling, Calibra (Mexico!), Sweet Child of Mine (guitar hero anyone?), Glamorous and Boom Boom Pow - electic mix, I know! Needless to say, we had an amazing time last night! Take a look at a few pics I snapped...

If you look closely at the last pic, you'll notice Will.I.Am in the background. Oh, and he and I are BBM friends... NBD

Ok so technically the last 2 photos weren't taken last night but I bet I had you fooled for a minute or 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment