Monday, April 5, 2010

Selamat datang!

I'm brushing up on my Indonesian to prepare for my trip. Some key phrases to know...

  • Selamat datang - welcome
  • Berapa harganya - how much does it cost
  • Tidak - no
  • Terima Kasih - thank you
  • Saya kehilangan saudara perempuan saya - I lost my sister
Out of all these phrases, I believe that I'll be using the last one the most as Rosalyn will be joining me on the first 3 weeks of my Bali adventure. The plan? Tan, shop, dive, surf, shop, eat and eat. Oh, and work. Of course.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope you won't have to use that phrase too much, and if you ever do, you won't find me with typhoid, dengue, or malaria... but you might. I haven't been vaccinated and apparently won't be...

    I have another one for you:
    Saya diare perjalanan - I have traveler's diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete