Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Life Nomadic...

I was glancing through my friend Allen Trottier's site when I came across a blog that he had posted the link to. The description read: Tynan with a meta tag that included phrases like 'ignoring common sense' and 'want more out of your life'. Naturally I clicked and have been intrigued ever since. Tynan, who was once a professional gambler and (interestingly enough) room-mates w/ the writer of The Game, is all about living life outside of the box and encouraging you to do the same. The blog itself is quite interesting but he also offers a few pdfs for download - one of which is entitled Life Nomadic - How to travel the world for less than you pay in rent. You can choose to pay for the pdf or not - it doesn't really matter. His mission is for you to simply read the darn thing.

So I downloaded the 157 page long pdf and started to read. I'm only on page 30 but I've got to say that a lot of what he has said so far resonantes with me. Maybe because I'm also in the midst of packing up my life but I feel a certain kinship to him and even found myself nodding in agreement to some of his points (dorky, I know). He does have a section on being a minimalist and I'm not sure that I have it in me to be one - those closest to me will attest that I'm a hoarder and a pack rat and come from a family of them. I don't think I can physically ever give up all of my possessions - not that I have a lot of valuable items, just that I've placed a lot of sentimental (undue perhaps) feelings on many things. I just don't think I could ever get rid of it all!

Anyways, if you want to read along with me, download Life Nomadic here. I'll let you know what I think when I finish...

1 comment: