Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The continuation..

We found a place to live! Ros and I are staying in a koskosan about 5 mins away from where Rollan and Allen are staying. It’s not bad – the room is clean (which is very important), spacious and has AC (equally important). And, for a little touch of luxury, there’s a cleaning service every day. That’s right, high class all the way. Anyways, the room is definitely liveable and it’s saving us lots of money. The cost of staying at the hotel for one week is equal to staying in this room for one month. I’d say the only downside is that there isn’t a kitchenette or mini fridge – which means that I’ll be eating out a lot! We’re also getting motorbikes in the next couple of days which should help us out in the moolah department. Although I’ve never actually driven one, I’m confident that I can drive one. I mean, how hard can it be?

On Sunday, we hit up Padang Padang Beach and Uluwatu Beach and let me tell you, both were absolutely gorgeous! The beaches were surrounded by sea stacks and the water was a beautiful blue color. Because the waves at both beaches were decent, there were lots of surfers out trying to catch the perfect wave. At Uluwatu Beach, there’s a bar called Edge and it is literally at the edge of a cliff. Absolutely perfect for sipping a bintang (or tehbotol) and watching the surfers down below. Afterwards, we hit up Uluwatu Temple to catch the Kecak Dance, a Balinese culture show. It was filled with beautiful costumes and imagery. There was even a fire dancing segment! Definitely a tourist trap but I’m glad I got to experience it.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I’m now certified to open water dive? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment